To protect your jewellery and keep it looking nice:
- Keep it away from sharp objects, harsh chemicals (perfumes, hairspray, chlorine) and water. All of these can affect the wood and metal.
- Place jewellery on after using cosmetics, hairspray and perfumes. This helps avoid contact with substances and chemicals which can cause damage.
- Remove all jewellery before taking a shower or doing household tasks such as cleaning.
- Store jewellery in a dry place and in separate pouches, wraps or zip lock bags. This helps avoid contact with other jewellery and objects which can scratch and damage piece. It is recommended that jewellery is kept flat to avoid tangling, kinks and stretching of necklaces.
- The distressed look is intentional; the colours may continue to fade with usage, but this is part of the design.
- The wood can be lightly polished using a small amount of wood wax.