Following a career in corporate communication, I completed an MFA in Jewellery at Edinburgh College of Art in June 2012.
In 2011 I was awarded a bursary that enabled me to study jewellery in Seoul for four months. My present work is influenced by the Korean urban landscape and explores the contrast between modern buildings and ancient temples and palaces of South Korea. I combine natural and painted wood with precious and non-precious metals.
After living and working in several countries, I established my workshop in the Lake District in 2012. In 2016 I moved to Edinburgh where my studio is currently based.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS
- 3-26 Aug, CRAFT SCOTLAND SUMMER SHOW, White Stuff, Edinburgh, UK
- 3-27 Aug, DAZZLE, Dovecot Gallery, Edinburgh, UK
- 25 Aug-7 Oct, A JEWEL OF A LAKE, Award for Contemporary Jewellery Special Edition, Fondazione Cominelli, San Felice del Benaco, Italy
- 2-7 Oct, GOLDSMITHS' FAIR 2018, Goldsmiths' Hall, London, UK
- Nov, DAZZLE, OXO, London, UK
- Dec, OPEN STUDIOS, Coburg House Studios, Edinburgh, UK
WORK IN PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
Unsung Heroes, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, UK
Spencer Museum of Art, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, USA
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Cristina Zani © 2012-2018 | All Rights Reserved